On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 13:02:49 -0500 (EST), Chris Pinkham
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > >Not currently.
> > >
> > Maybe someday.. Seems to me would me useful to call things like the
> > example myth_archive.pl script or nuvexport...
>
> Yeah, we just didn't get around to it and the menu items were added before
> the popup menu was rearranged a little, so it was getting kinda full.  Now
> that there is a separate submenu for JobQueue jobs, it is fairly easy to
> add without cluttering up the menu.  There might only be Start buttons
> though, since the jobqueue wouldn't know how to stop an external application
> unless it was written to check the jobqueue table for the stop message.
>
> Patches are welcome, otherwise you'll have to wait till someone else
> scratches that itch. :)  I put it on my TODO but it's low on my priority list.
>
> --
>
> Chris

While I don't currently have any User Jobs set up, I've been wanting
to dive into the myth code a little bit and this seems like a fairly
trivial task and hence, a good starting place for me.  I pulled the
latest cvs last night and I believe I have this working correctly.  I
need to do some more testing on it and create a patch, but as soon as
that's done I'll post the patch.

As it stands right now User Jobs will show up in the 'Job Options'
menu if there is a command specified for that job (i.e., if you only
specified a command for User Job 1 then User Job 1 will be in the
menu, but 2, 3 and 4 will not).  The menu options for User Jobs pretty
much duplicate the Transcoding and Commercial Flagging menus in that
if the job is already schedule the menu item will allow you to stop
it, if not you can start the job from the menu.

As Chris pointed out in his previous message, external programs won't
be able to stop unless they're written to check the job queue table
for the stop message, but I figured it's better to have it in there
for now since folks could very well write apps to check for that.

Brad