On Wed, 2005-02-16 at 20:14 +0000, Martin Ebourne wrote:

> I did get that running 6 months ago. Certainly myth completely through
> XDirectFB is no good because it doesn't support Xv.

But you don't need Xv if DirectFB puts the card into TV-Out mode and
then XDirectFB uses layer 2 (it's this last part that I'm not sure will
work or not).  You need this in your directfbrc:

matrox-crtc2
matrox-tv-standard=ntsc

And possibly the following could be used to make XDirectFB use the CRTC2
layer:

primary-layer=2

Then whether using the DirectFB output mode of mythtv will interfere
with the X11/Qt, who knows.  I am waiting direction from the directfb
list.

> I can't remember what was wrong with myth using XDirectFB for the UI and
> using plain directfb for the video. Sounds like a good combination, but
> I think I had segfaults and by then had wasted over a month on directfb
> already, so dropped it.
>
> Be interested to hear if you do get it working well. Also with mplayer
> etc. working for mythvideo.

Indeed.  "mplayer -vo dfbmga" mode is sweet.  I want mythtv to look as
good.

b.