On 9/22/05, Dave Sherohman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have Comcast and no convertor.  (I used a Tivo from its initial
> release until it died a couple months ago and made a point of only
> getting the clear channels so I wouldn't have to deal with an IR
> blaster.)  I doubt that they would scramble everything in other
> markets if they don't here.  Have you ever heard of a cable company
> doing that?  (I haven't.)

I've heard of it being done on Time Warner in Manhatten for example...
presumably to either extort you into more STB's for additional TV's or
to drag you kicking and screaming to digital cable.... (that's my
theories as to the why, anyhow)

*shrug* I was shocked too when I stumbled across it in other threads ...

e.
--
http://www.byopvr.com