From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] on behalf of C. Bensend
Sent: Tue 8/28/2007 4:49 PM
To: nagios-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Nagios-users] AVTECH Room Alert examples

> I just deployed one of these using nagios. You will need to use SNMP.
> There is a secret setting that they just put in the most recent version of
> firmware that allows the temp and humidity output to be displayed as xx vs
> xxxx (so you have the device say 67 degrees instead of 6789 degrees). That
> you need to do by telnetting to a port (I want to say 9999 but I can
> check) and changing a few settings. Depending on where you have the
> sensors plugged in, the OID that you will need to hit will change. I have
> a RoomAlert 11E and can tell you more on how I have it set up if you are
> interested. Also, I added a -u (units) to the end of my check command to
> so that the output in the nagios GUI would say degrees or relative
> humidity. Let me know if you need my check commands and help with the
> OIDs. Good luck. -Seth

Boy, I'd love to know what that secret setting is.  Until now, I've
been using hacks like:

-u "x 0.01 degrees F"

so that the output was human-readable.

If you could send your check commands to the list, that'd be very
much appreciated!

Benny

--
"It makes me want to crawl back up the line and hit them in the
face with a spade."            -- Loren Wilton

any issue.