ok I registered as fingernailfixer now what?

Holly L. Schippers
CND Education Ambassador
[email protected] c
 
Visit cnd.com for the latest in products, education and nail fashion!





 



Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 00:33:15 -0400
From: [email protected]
Subject: RE: NailTech:: Re: grrr.. why dont they post my stuff..
To: [email protected]

grrr this may not work as I want,.. to invite you to be an author, you need to 
be a word press user.. when you get the invite let me know if it allows you to 
register without making our own blog. I may have to move the blog into 
beautytech.info directly.. 

Reason and purpose.. correct all the misinformation being portrayed in all 
avenues of media recently. I've got 4 posts there already and several more I 
want to respond to. I have all the info I put up on the consumer site I can 
carry over to there also. You can do as I did rebutt these awful articles, 
correct their mis-information in public - something I do not think is being 
done anywhere currently. Or just state your facts stand alone, not as an actual 
rebutal.

Deb


At 11:43 PM 7/22/2010, you wrote:

Tell me what to do and I'm on it xoxo

Holly L. Schippers
CND Education Ambassador
[email protected]
641-660-4058 c
 
Visit cnd.com for the latest in products, education and nail fashion!





  




Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 23:13:44 -0400
From: [email protected]
Subject: Re: NailTech:: Re: grrr.. why dont they post my stuff..
To: [email protected]

gee whiz Jill I don;t see my response, thats why I was up till 4.30 starting 
this blog thing :)
it's starting to grow.. now I gotta spread the word :)

Still havent had one of you guys step up to the late to help educate :)
http://beautytechinfo.wordpress.com



At 10:17 PM 7/22/2010, you wrote:


I just posted my reply to this stupid "news" story and saw yours

(Debbie's) was the first! It's just irritating because 2 weeks ago I

tried to get a client to try the Shellac, but she wouldn't. She was

afraid because of some news story that said it was bad for you. I

grilled her because I hadn't heard about this news story, but she

couldn't tell me the details....just that it was bad.


Of course I didn't force it on her, but I did tell her I'd look into

it to see what the heck she was talking about. So I just forwarded

this "news" story to her and told her to read the replies at the

bottom and that I was "Ky. nail tech"!


Jill Wright

Bowling Green, KY

On Jul 21, 9:28 pm, Debbie Doerrlamm <[email protected]> wrote:

> OK I was just SOOOO ticked off I sat down and responded.. spell

> checked, re-read it over to make sure it sounded professional, not

> whiny or anything :) I pasted, put in my AIM name, email all that and

> clicked.. grrrrr.. its not there.. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

>

> I can only shake my head at wonderment in such poor reporting and

> fact finding. Not only does this author have her facts wrong, the one

> link she provides to the FDA site specifically says MMA was not

> banned. Was there any attempt at all to verify what these "experts"

> told Ms. Angelle?

>

> The opportunity to have your nail polish last more than 2 days,

> staying chip free and shiny for as long as two weeks without an

> "enhancement" application is an amazing stride in the professional

> nail industry. The TV, newspaper, and web press received lately has

> kept professional, educated, licensed nail technicians not only busy

> at their table, but too often busy correcting gross mis-information

> such as presented here. In case you are interested, I am a licensed

> NY state Nail professional for 17 years and run a 16 year old

> networking portal site for beauty professionals. I personally have

> responded to more than one of these mis-informed reports in the past 2 months.

>

>  >>Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has banned methyl methacrylate

> but they

> < http://www.fda.gov/Cosmetics/ProductandIngredientSafety/ProductInform ... 
> >state

> on their website that "many nail products that contain potentially

> harmful ingredients are allowed on the market because they are safe

> when used as directed."

>  >One particularly dangerous ingredient, < 
> http://http://www.epa.gov/dfe/pubs/projects/salon/nailsalonguide.pdf>a 

> chemical called methyl methacrylate, can cause shortness of breath

> and irritate the eyes and skin.

>

> FDA article: "No regulation specifically prohibits the use of methyl

> methacrylate monomer in cosmetic products."

>

> That is not to say MMA (methyl methacrylate) is good, indeed it is

> bad - bad for the consumer and bad for the nail technician. Almost

> every US state has instilled some variation of prohibiting or

> outright banning the product for use in the salon environment. MMA in

> other industries is used widely daily.

>

> MMA is NOT safe for use in the salon environment. The product cures

> (dries) rock hard and can cause severe damage to the natural nail if

> the nail is banged or badly broken. The vapors (smell, fumes) and

> dust produced by MMA can cause a laundry list of mostly respiratory

> illnesses. Removal of MMA, even a preparation for a "fill-in" of the

> enhancement requires an electric file, which is often used with no

> proper education. This leads to damage of the nail plate, often

> piercing of the nail plate allowing chemicals to seep into the blood

> stream. When properly used, an electric file is no more dangerous

> than brushing your teeth with an electric toothbrush. Further, MMA is

> NOT an issue in any gel product. The issue with MMA is in the acrylic

> liquid (monomer) when it is mixed with the acrylic powder for an

> acrylic enhancement application.

>

>  >>complaints that gel nails do still chip

> well yes that can happen, improper application is the main cause,

> abusive use of nails would be another reason.

>

>  >>drowning one's fingers in acetone

> Absolutely not - if your nail technician is drowning your finger in a

> bowl of acetone, find another technician. Every technician I know -

> and I know several thousand - use a cotton ball on the nail with

> acetone, wrapped in foil to minimize exposure of the acetone against

> the skin or nail.

>

> If the color selection is lacking, you need to find a technician who

> uses a different brand - 2 other brands are available as of today, a

> 3rd coming shortly - all major names in the nail game - these other 2

> brands each have over 25 or more colors to choose from.

>

>  >>Avitzur concluded that the patient's gel manicure had caused nerve damage.

> Do you have any idea how many gel manicure, gel enhancement or

> acrylic enhancement applications are performed daily across the US

> and around the world? My personal guestimate would be

> 2,449,074  visit salons daily around the world (world population/2) *

> (1%) / (14)

>

>  >>Improper use or overuse of a nail file to prepare the nail for

> layers of gel can expose sensitive skin to chemicals or infection

> This is one, if not the only correct information supplied in this

> article. Nail services should not be painful and should never draw

> blood. If either happen the consumer should leave and report the

> operator to the state agency that oversees their license.

>

>  >>mixing acrylic products with gel products

> This is a perfectly acceptable application method when the products

> are applied by a properly trained, educated and licensed nail professional

>

>  >>This patient probably didn't have a true gel manicure," says

> Avitzur, "but I plan on avoiding them myself and would not recommend

> them to others at this point."

> As a matter of fact this is quite true to my knowledge. The woman did

> not have a "gel manicure, she had an acrylic enhancement with a

> possible gel topcoat. I saw the story on the evening news here in NY.

> The Dr stated she happened to have the same type of service done just

> days prior and said she found out it the salon exaggerated the

> service - both women were over charged, lied to and did not get what

> they thought they was paying for, neither got a quality service from

> a well trained professional.

>

>  >>The ultra-violet light used in tanning beds has been associated

> with increased skin cancer risk

> To quote Douglas Schoon, internationally-recognized scientist, author

> and educator with over 30 years experience in the cosmetic, beauty

> and personal care industry. He is a leading industry authority, known

> for his technical and regulatory work that has helped shape the

> beauty industry. He is Co-Chair of the Nail Manufacturers Council

> (NMC), and as <http://www.cnd.com >Creative Nail Design's (CND) Chief

> Scientist, was head of the R&D laboratory, QA, and Field

> Testing/Evaluation departments for almost 20 years.

> "..fluorescent lights office lights put out a tiny amount of UV

> light. Between UV nail related salon services, your clients will be

> exposed to more UV light from fluorescent bulbs in an office setting

> than during the salon service. If they go outdoors at all during the

> day, their UV exposure skyrockets. UV nail lamps are not significant

> source of UV exposure. To date, I've not seen any scientific evidence

> to the contrary and there is no credible scientific information that

> suggests these lamps are anything but safe. "

>

>  >>Another option may be to look for a salon that uses LED

> This is not a catch-all answer. Gels must have been specifically

> formulated to cure (dry) under a LED lamp. If the product was not

> formulated to be used under a LED lamp, the natural nails could be

> damaged from the resulting exothermic reaction.

>

>  >>but does not require the same level of skill to apply as a gel.

> Moreover, the process of removing the polish minimizes exposure to acetone.

> Just to be perfectly clear - CND's new hybrid gel-polish is GEL mixed

> with traditional nail polish (lacquer) that CURES under a UV bulb

> lamp. Other brands with similar products are GEL mixed with pigment.

> CND's Shellac is deemed by the company to be PROFESSIONAL USE only.

> This means there is a level of skill and knowledge/training required

> to properly apply and remove the product. The "remover pads" CND

> sells with the system is a variation of the cotton ball/foil method

> nail technicians have been using for 15+ years which also minimizes

> exposure to acetone - which by the way is the safest chemical we use

> in the nail salon.

>

> Regards,

> Debbie  ^v^  ^o^  //\o/\\ ^o^  ^v^  Webmaster - System Admin - IDSR

>

> [email protected]

> (AOL or AIM - NailGdsss)

> WWWeb Services, Ronkonkoma, NY & Rocky Mount, VA

> 631-981-1273  fax 631-981-7557

> ONLINE STORE 
> http://www.beautytech.com/shoppehttp://www.beautytech.com&http://www.beautytech.INFO
>  

>      for Professionals             for Consumers


-- 

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.

To post to this group, send email to [email protected].

To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].

For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.


Regards,
Debbie  ^v^  ^o^  //\o/\\ ^o^  ^v^  Webmaster - System Admin - IDSR

[email protected] 
(AOL or AIM - NailGdsss)
WWWeb Services, Ronkonkoma, NY & Rocky Mount, VA
631-981-1273  fax 631-981-7557
ONLINE STORE http://www.beautytech.com/shoppe
http://www.beautytech.com & http://www.beautytech.INFO
    for Professionals             for Consumers

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.



The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox. Get 
started. 

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.
Regards,
Debbie  ^v^  ^o^  //\o/\\ ^o^  ^v^  Webmaster - System Admin - IDSR

[email protected] 
(AOL or AIM - NailGdsss)
WWWeb Services, Ronkonkoma, NY & Rocky Mount, VA
631-981-1273  fax 631-981-7557
ONLINE STORE http://www.beautytech.com/shoppe
http://www.beautytech.com & http://www.beautytech.INFO
    for Professionals             for Consumers


-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.
                                          
_________________________________________________________________
The New Busy is not the old busy. Search, chat and e-mail from your inbox.
http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_3

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"NailTech" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/nailtech?hl=en.

Reply via email to