Skeeve Stevens wrote:
Owned by an ISP?  It isn't much different than it is now.

As long as you are multi-homed you can get a small allocation (/48), APNIC and
ARIN have procedures for this.

Yes, you have to pay for it, but the addresses will be yours, unlike the
RFC1918 ranges which is akin to 2.4Ghz wireless.. lets just share and hope we
never interconnect/overlap.

I can't find a RFC1918 equivalent for v6 with the exception of 2001:0DB8::/32#
which is the ranges that has been assigned for documentation use and is
considered to NEVER be routable.  In that /32 are 65536 /48's... way more than
the RFC1918 we have now.

 RFC4193 - Unique Local IPv6 Unicast Addresses

http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-address-space
FC00::/7              Unique Local Unicast    [RFC4193]

 ..maybe they should have called it RFC1918 for IPv6.

FWIW, 2001:0DB8::/32 was allocated by APNIC. Not quite the same as being an RFC/IANA delegated/reserved netblock.

 --heather

 Heather Schiller       Verizon Business
 Customer Security      1.800.900.0241
 IP Address Management  hel...@verizonbusiness.com