On 5/8/19 6:54 PM, Scott Weeks wrote:

--- br...@shout.net wrote:
From: Bryan Holloway <br...@shout.net>
On 5/8/19 4:00 PM, Scott Weeks wrote:
--- j...@ntt.net wrote:
From: Job Snijders <j...@ntt.net>

on this topic, i strongly recommend to operate all
devices in the Etc/UTC timezone, this makes
coordination with external entities much easier.

Yes, this!  Holy crap I come upon a lot of networks
that don't do this and it's always painful.

Now if only we could get rid of Daylight Saving Time ...

Luckily, Hawaii doesn't have that problem...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daylight_saving_time_in_the_United_States#Hawaii

But, that's the thing.  One time.  No trying to figure
out who does DST and who doesn't.

100% true. But there is also a practical side to this ...

When a NOC-ling, in their own local timezone, says, "hey, what happened two hours ago?", they have to make a calculation. And that calculation annoyingly depends on the time of year in many if not most locales worldwide. And to make matters worse, some folks change at different times of the year, so, if you're a global network ............

Hawai'i and Arizona can add/subtract without looking at the damn calendar. I'm just sayin' I'd like to see more of that.