On 5/8/19 7:55 PM, Brian Kantor wrote:
On Wed, May 08, 2019 at 07:47:56PM -0500, Bryan Holloway wrote:
100% true. But there is also a practical side to this ...

When a NOC-ling, in their own local timezone, says, "hey, what happened
two hours ago?", they have to make a calculation. And that calculation
annoyingly depends on the time of year in many if not most locales
worldwide. And to make matters worse, some folks change at different
times of the year, so, if you're a global network ............

Hawai'i and Arizona can add/subtract without looking at the damn
calendar. I'm just sayin' I'd like to see more of that.

Clocks are cheap. I have two on the wall; one is local time and
the other is marked GMT.
        - Brian

Cheap != free. Many clocks have to be set after a DST change. Clocks that do this automatically are > cheap.

I stand by my point.

Disclaimer: I have two clocks.