On 10/11/19 4:31 PM, Sean Donelan wrote:
The FCC asked a half-dozen carriers about their network resilience plans last month.  Comcast was not one of the service providers askedd about their plans.

The FCC should have looked closer at Comcast in California. While it was expected many people would loose home Internet, voice, video service when their Customer Premise Equipment lost power. The FCC no longer requires battery backup for CPE.  That is now a customer responsibility.

It turns out, Comcast's outside plant was woefully unprepared to handle long, i.e. 24 hour, power outages.  And even when power is restored to people's homes, Comcast service is often still down.

So I knew that telcos are required to battery backup pots, but are isp's too? I have a dinky little provider who also provides pots, but i have never been clear whether dsl stays up too in a blackout.

Mike