On 12/25/20 22:40, Chris Adams wrote:

Bandwidth is like disk space - you think "I'll never use all of this",
and then the availability changes behavior.  Having ability to do more
means your behavior changes to utilize more.  We don't NEED high speed
Internet to download games - we could leave the download running
overnight for example - but being able to download big games in minutes
means we get to try more games, finding new things to like.

I don't disagree with this - having more bandwidth means everyone in the house can do what they want without impacting the other. And that probably makes sense for 500Mbps - 1Gbps of service to the house, which is why there are plenty of CPE and ISP services to solve for that today.

10Gbps, on the other hand, is a real problem to justify... you are more likely to hit device limits than fill up 10Gbps for a basic home.

Mark.