> On Jan 20, 2021, at 07:11 , Brandon Martin <lists.na...@monmotha.net> wrote:
>
> On 1/20/21 9:58 AM, j k wrote:
>> My question becomes, what level of risk are these companies taking on by
>> using the DoD ranges on their internal networks? And have they quantified
>> the costs of this outage against moving to IPv6?
>
> Honestly I can't think of much unless maybe they're a defense contractor that
> would potentially end up with DoD ranges (non-isolated/classified networks)
> in their view of the global routing table.  Appropriately treating it like
> "my networks" and/or RFC1918 in your routing policies (not exporting it, not
> accepting routes for it, etc.) would be required to properly ensure network
> stability of course.

Do you think this still holds true if DoD were to (e.g.) sell that space to
$CLOUD_PROVIDER or $ISP or $SUPPLIER or…?

I don’t have any knowledge of any events surrounding this space currently, but
I do know that press releases and congress have discussed that possibility, so
it cannot be ruled out.

Owen