The professor has it right. Before the state privatized the grid and made
ERCOT, we never had these problems. Every few years, these private companies
complain they need a rate hike because they need a grant to ‘beef up’ the
infrastructure and it’s granted although we seem to keep having this issue. I’m
certain history will continue to repeat itself.