John,

I do understand the technical difference between assignment and routing. But
this is such a big routing shift that naturally questions arise, especially
given that this space owner has stewardship requirements answerable to US
citizens. I get it: by the letter of ARIN law, this looks passably legal. But
you’ll understand if the general public expects more “elucidation” :) — from
somebody, not necessarily ARIN.

Thinking outside the letter of ARIN law, couldn't a BGP hijacker look like
this?

 -mel