On Nov 20, 2021, at 3:50 PM, Michael Thomas <m...@mtcc.com> wrote:

> In the early to mid 90's it was still a crap shoot of whether IP was going to
> win (though it was really the only game in town for non-lan) but by when I
> started at Cisco in 1998 it was the clear winner with broadband starting to
> roll out. It was also obvious that v4 address space was going to run out
> which of course was the core reason for v6. So I don't understand why this
> didn't get done then when it was a *lot* easier. It sure smacks of politics.
>
> Mike

In the in the 90s and into early 21st century Hesitancy toward IPv6 was partly
technical, partly political, but mostly, Middle Management Myopia™. The
rallying cry was, “Not on my cost center until I have a contract.”
Subsequently, $DAYJOB company would/could not demonstrate IPv6 capability.

My $DAYJOB company no longer exists.

How many other companies will cease to exist as the world passes by them?