On 11/28/21 06:43, Masataka Ohta wrote:

Here in nanog, we are talking about network operations, considerable
part of which can not rely on DNS.

And yet Facebook were unable to access their kit to fix their recent outage because of it (or, lack of it).

There was a time when knowing the IP(v4) address of every interface of every router in your network was cool. I have never had to care about that in close to 15 years. Right up there with losing interest in making software modems work in Linux, when it was a thing :-).

If you want to remain stuck in the past, we don't have to join you.

Mark.