> On Jun 24, 2022, at 13:12 , Michael Thomas <m...@mtcc.com> wrote:
>

> On 6/24/22 12:38 PM, Owen DeLong wrote:

>>> But is what Starlink saying true or not?
>>>
>>> It would be a pity to not have an alternative to incumbent telephants.
>>>
>>> Mike
>> It’s not entirely clear, without knowing the technical details of the
>> Starlink modulation scheme whether or not they could successfully share the
>> 12Ghz spectrum.
>>
>> I have no reason to disbelieve their claims.
>>
>> Frankly, I really don’t think that Dish’s idea of providing 5G mobile
>> service from satellites is a particularly good or beneficial one and
>> granting them 12Ghz spectrum for this purpose is probably not really in the
>> public interest.
> I thought they were land based? What I read is that being land based means
> that they can transmit at much higher power.

I wasn’t aware that Dish had terrestrial facilities. I had forgotten their
absorption into AT&T.

So I retract my comments in that regard… They are a traditional telephant and I
think that terrestrial 5G on 12Ghz is even less useful.

>> OTOH, I think Starlink is most definitely an interesting product that does
>> provide a clear path to reasonable alternatives to the incumbent telephants.
> Especially when you factor in mobility when they get there. No more roaming
> fees, all over the world.

Yep… Probably one of the reasons DishT&T is trying to fight so hard to cause
them grief.

Owen