On 6/9/23 21:54, Matt Harris wrote:

I would also note that, from an end-user perspective if we're talking about ISP services to customers on both ends here, you may run into geolocation issues where some geolocation providers decide that many/all of your users are in one location or the other, creating problems for them both with performance when they are misdirected to the wrong frontend servers, as well as in terms of convenience if they are being served content in the wrong location, or service issues related to access to streaming services, etc.

This is solvable by slicing your IPv4 prefixes into /24's and assigning them the correct country TLD in the ARIN WHOIS database. Yes, you might need to call a few geo-location providers to fix their back-end manually, but this is possible.

Even simpler for IPv6.

Mark.