> On Jun 16, 2023, at 11:27, Mark Tinka <mark@tinka.africa> wrote:
>

> On 6/16/23 18:41, Michael Thomas wrote:
>
>> Is 1.2 TB enough for a typical cord cutter? I just looked at mine and it
>> looks to be about 300GB/month, but we may not be typical for your average
>> family with kids, say.
>
> For residential services, the competition should easily outscore any provider
> that still delivers capped Internet.
>
> It's 2023...
>
> Mark.

Competition… You’re hilarious…

Here’s my current choices:

Local WISP: Excellent service, great guy, tops out at 60MBPS.

AT&T: Awful service, but no worse than Comcast. Tops out at 768Kbps down (Yes,
Kbps) and 384Kbps up. Ugh.

5G (various providers): Lousy service, no inbound connections allowed (they
stateful firewall everything), many no longer give a public IPv4.
        Not an option for my needs since GRE is an essential capability.

There is no REAL competition to Comcast in my area. I’m not in the sticks, I’m
in the so called “capitol of Silicon Valley”, aka San Jose, CA.

If you get further out of the urban areas, the lack of competitors gets even
worse.

Competition, indeed… Very few places in the US have actual competition.

Owen