On 8/10/23 15:22, Frank Habicht wrote:

ouch!
I see in your LG that this AS 2 is originating 197.157.254.0/24 .

which seems to mean that it's not just a plain "we want to prepend 2 times, put the number 2 into config and the NOS takes this as the ASN to insert"

putting someone fromĀ  AS37451 into BCC.

ouch again!
looking for "show ip bgp regexp _37451 2_" in Mark's LG, i see there are many originated and downstream's prefixes of AS37451 affected.

Right, these are the "odd" issues I am referring to that we are looking into.

So i'd now thing it's a AS37451 issue, not AS327933 alone.

Needless to say that the grapevine seems to claim that AS327933 is announcing bogons.

We are reaching out to our customer (China Telecom) who is their provider to investigate.

Thanks, Frank.

Mark.