On 8/23/23 18:29, t...@pelican.org wrote:

Not Trio, and different PLM :)

Yes, aware... I was just speaking in general for what is likely to be a very popular platform :-).

MX304 (well, strictly LMIC16) has the same restriction, and a need for another entry in the
magic port checker (https://apps.juniper.net/home/port-checker/index.html) for restrictions
beyond "SUM(port-speeds) <= 1.6T".

Yep.

That trick they did where you can live with one RE and get 3 MIC's in the MX304 is... well, I guess everyone will have their own opinion.

They make sense once you've looked at the block diagram for the thing and followed the
lines, but things like "4x10G breakout can only go in odd-numbered ports, and you
have to leave the corresponding next-lowest even-numbered port empty" are not
instantly obvious.

They do take some getting used to. But this is what comes with all the flexibility operators often seek.

Mark.