On 9/3/23 15:01, Masataka Ohta wrote:

Why, do you think, you can rely on existence of flows?

You have not quite answered my question - but I will assume you are in favour of per-packet load balancing.

I have deployed per-packet load balancing before, ironically, trying to deal with large EoMPLS flows in a LAG more than a decade ago. I won't be doing that again... OoO packets is nasty at scale.

And nothing beyond, of course.

No serious operator polices in the core.

ECMP, surely, is a too abstract concept to properly manage/operate
simple situations with equal speed multi parallel point to point links.

I must have been doing something wrong for the last 25 years.

Mark.