I think it is going to have to happen.  We have several folks on the IX and
various consulting clients who only need 3-6 Ips but have to burn a full /24 to
participate in BGP. I wrote a blog post awhile back on this topic
https://blog.j2sw.com/data-center/unpopular-opinion-bgp-should-accept-smaller-than-a-24/

Justin Wilson
j...@mtin.net

—