It appears that Michael Thomas <m...@mtcc.com> said:
>> If you're one of the small minority of retail users that knows enough
>> about the technology to pick your own resolver, go ahead.  But it's
>> a reasonable default to keep malware out of Grandma's iPad.
>
>How does this line up with DoH? Aren't they using hardwired resolver
>addresses? I would hope they are not doing anything heroic.

Generally, no.  I believe that Chrome probes whatever resolver is configured
into the system and uses that if it does DoH or DoT.

At one point Firefox was going to send everything to their favorite
DoH resolver but they got a great deal of pushback from people who
pointed out that they had policies on their networks and they'd have
to ban Firefox.  Firefox responded with a lame hack
where you can tell your cache to respond to some name and if so
Firefox will use your resolver.

R's,
John