----- Original Message -----
> From: "Abraham Y. Chen" <ayc...@avinta.com>

> Hi, Bryan:

[ ... ]

> 2)    From the Wikipedia explanation of RFC5822, I as a ThunderBird
> user, really have nothing to do with the Message-ID that it puts on my
> MSGs nor how does it make use of such to display the threads. And, my
> Subject line style can't affect it either. So, why some colleagues are
> having difficulties with just my eMails, but seemly not from others?
> Could this be caused by the large number of MSGs within a short period
> of time that amplified this issue? From another feedback, I realized
> that some colleagues may be using plain text text editors or alike for
> eMail, because they could not see color nor italic emphasizing of my
> text. Could such be related to this issue?

Well, when Bryan says:
>> Threading has nothing to do with subject lines.  RFC822 (now 5822)
>> specifies how this works based on message ID.  This thread displays
>> fine in threaded mode in my MUA and in the archives.

he's not wrong... but he fails to take into account that there are still
email clients which don't thread based on *that*, as they should; they
make up cock-a-mamie rules about the contents of the Subject line, and
use those to thread with, and those clients *will* come apart if you make
'gratuitous' edits to it.

Well, at least, this *has been* a running problem for 20 or 30 years; I don't
have my fingers on a list of which clients get it right and which wrong, and
which might have gotten religion over the years on the topic.  5322 isn't my
primary RFC.  :-)

Cheers,
-- jra
--