On Dec 23, 2009, at 6:11 PM, Richard Bennett wrote:

> The authors are pretty well convinced that the demand for more wireless
> spectrum will be handled by spectral efficiency improvements and deployment
> of more towers, they stress the importance of replacing copper with fiber and
> microwave in the middle mile, and don't think the telcos are doing the right
> things.

I know, watching my local incumbent they are not replacing damaged copper with
fiber.  I think they must have warehouses of it someplace.  I can't imagine
that it is good to replace buried copper w/copper during the wintertime.  If
you're out doing it, might as well *actually* install fiber in the conduit.

(Unless it's about unions/job protection for the copper guys).

- Jared (not saying unions are bad, but when you operate two assets and have a
different union for each, it can limit your potential significantly).