Sorry for being ignorant here - I have not even been aware that it is possible
to buy a '*.*.com' domain at all.

I though wildcards were limited to having a domain off a TLD - like
'*.mydomain.tld'.

Is it true that the my browser on a windows, mac, or linux desktop may have
listed as trusted authorities, an outfit that sells '*.*.tld' ?

Thanks,

- Mike