I'm not convinced. What you mention is real, but the code they need is
little more than a regular expression that can be found on Google and a
20-line script for testing lames. And a couple of weeks of testing, and
I think I'm exaggerating.

If they don't want to offer support for it, they can just put up some
disclaimer.

regards,

Carlos