On 03/12/2013 12:27 PM, William Herrin wrote:
On Tue, Mar 12, 2013 at 1:45 PM, Owen DeLong <o...@delong.com> wrote:
Once IPv6 is sufficiently ubiquitous (rough estimate,
but say 900+ of the Alexa 1000 sites have IPv6 and ~95%
of eyeball networks), you'll see a rapidly declining desire to
pay the increased cost of supporting IPv4.
While that is surely true, it's not on a trajectory to happen this
year. Or next year. Or the year after that. Call dual-stack an
"intermediate" solution. Treat is as "temporary" or "very temporary"
at your peril.

Will dual stack cease to be before we all cease to be? Barring
an immortality breakthrough, I'll bet on me first.

Mike