On 2013-06-19 7:03 PM, Randy Bush wrote:
as someone who does not really buy the balanced traffic story, some are eyeballs and some are eye candy and that's just life, seems like a lot of words to justify various attempts at control, higgenbottom's point. randy

What do you mean "not really buy the balanced traffic story"? Ratio can matter when routing is asymmetric. (If costs can be approximated as distance x volume, forwarding hot-potato places a higher burden on the recipient...) And we've basically designed protocols that route asymmetrically by default. Measuring traffic ratios is the laziest solution to this problem, and thus the one we should've expected.

Cheers,
-Benson