On 20 Jun 2015, at 9:37, Sina Owolabi wrote:

I'd be grateful for any information on how to calculate for large scale
wifi deployment
[snip]

While it is vendor specific (and therefore subject to certain biases) I’ve found the Aruba VRD (Validated Reference Design) documentation fairly clear and applicable to many high-density environments. It covers theory, planning, and engineering.

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Very-High-Density-802-11ac-Networks-Validated-Reference-Design/ta-p/230891

I’m certain that Cisco, Xirrus, Ruckus, Ubiquiti, Areohive, etc. also have papers on the topic that (hopefully) have the same basic theory concepts applied to their specific configuration syntax and special sauces. I’ve had good experiences with Aruba with high-density auditorium usage on several occasions, though I tend to turn off some of the proprietary features to keep things simple.

There are also some less-formal slide decks on the same topic from Aruba that are a bit redundant but more conversational:

http://www.wlanpros.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Ultra-High-Density-WLAN-Design-Deployment-Chuck-Lukaszewski.pdf
http://community.arubanetworks.com/aruba/attachments/aruba/tkb@tkb/86/3/2012%20AH%20Vegas%20-%20WLAN%20Design%20for%20High%20Density.pdf

JT