On Fri 2015-Jul-17 12:36:51 -0400, Chuck Anderson <c...@wpi.edu> wrote:

On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 07:59:14AM +0200, Tore Anderson wrote:
* Owen DeLong <o...@delong.com>

> > On Jul 15, 2015, at 08:57 , Matthew Kaufman <matt...@matthew.at> wrote:
> > This is only true for dual-stacked networks. I just tried to set up
> > an IPv6-only WiFi network at my house recently, and it was a total
> > fail due to non-implementation of relatively new standards...
> > starting with the fact that my Juniper SRX doesn't run a load new
> > enough to include RDNSS information in RAs, and some of the devices
> > I wanted to test with (Android tablets) won't do DHCPv6.
>
> That’s a pretty old load then, as I’ve had RDNSS on my SRX-100 for
> several years now.

Interesting. Which JUNOS version are you running, exactly?

According to Juniper's web site, RDNSS support showed up in JUNOS 14.1,
which isn't available for the SRX series (nor is any later version).

http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/en_US/junos15.1/topics/reference/configuration-statement/dns-server-address-edit-protocols-router-advertisement.html

Strange.  dns-server-address IS available to be configured on my MX
box running 13.3R4.

It is however not there for SRX on 12.1X44-D50.

...or 12.1X46-D35.1 (JTAC bumped the rec'd release June 29th, so it's in the lab).

--
Hugo

h...@slabnet.com: email, xmpp/jabber
PGP fingerprint (B178313E):