On 17 Jun 2016, at 1:15, Daniel Golding wrote:

You said that LONAP's distributed strategy "kept datacenters honest" to use your exact quote. That implied some sort of benefit for members in acting
as some sort of counterweight to (rapacious?) data center providers.

I rely primarily on information from our membership base who reaffirm their desire for a multi-site approach. They (and you) are the people with the data, as they are the people buying these services.

The origin of these designs was probably not out of a desire for diversity to promote competition, but actually because existing datacentres were full. Nevertheless, a datacentre which is full, incompetently run, or too expensive all have something in common - to my members they are useless.

I made the point that distributed IX's don't really
impact power or space costs in data centers. I can provide actual data on
this, if you would like.

What about crossconnect prices?

It is interesting you have data that indicates that this policy could be futile, because the belief in this principle is almost axiomatic in our/my community.
Did we waste time and money spanning metros with IXs?