> On Aug 20, 2017, at 08:45, Mike Hammett <na...@ics-il.net> wrote:
<snip>

> Any particular hardware platforms to go towards or avoid? Broadcom Tomahawk
> seems to be quite popular with varying control planes. LINX went Edgecore,
> which was on my list given my experience with other Accton brands. Fiberstore
> has a switch where they actually publish the pricing vs. a bunch of mystery.

Tomahawk and tomahawk 2 have precious little in the form of packet packet
buffer (e.g. As little as 4 x 4MB for original tomahawk) which might be a
problem in a environment where you need to rate convert 100G attached peers to
a big bundle of 10s).

White box Broadcom dnx / jericho is somewhat less common but does exist.

That 40s are less popular I think is no surprise. They were / are largely
consigned to datacenter applications.