From: kscott.he...@gmail.com [mailto:kscott.he...@gmail.com] On Behalf Of K.
Scott Helms
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 8:09 AM
To: Matthew Huff <mh...@ox.com>
Cc: nanog <nanog@nanog.org>
Subject: Re: Opensource SNMP Trap Receivers ???

Matthew,

Sadly, open source + SNMP traps != simple.

The simplest option that I've personally used in the past is SNMPTT with Nagios.

https://paulgporter.net/2013/09/16/nagios-snmp-traps/

http://www.snmptt.org/docs/snmptt.shtml

The main problem is that SNMP traps, like most of SNMP, aren't simple despite
the name.  Having said that it can be done especially if the gear doesn't
change too often.

Scott Helms