On 05/23/2018 09:09 AM, Anne P. Mitchell Esq. wrote:
Also, don't forget the private right of action.  Anyone can file
anything in the U.S. courts... you  may get it dismissed (although
then again you may not) but either way, it's going to be time and
money out of your pocket fighting it.  MUCH better to just get
compliant than to end up a test case.

And that's why my domains use Register.com's proxy service. I'm risk-adverse, especially with the revenue (pennies) my domains earn. Better to just bite the bullet.

That said, I have abuse contacts listed for my domains. You just have to ask the proxy for them.

(In 15 years, the only abuse mail I've received is mail from people who HATED what I said on NANAE newsgroup...and I've not used USENET for 10 of those years.)