In the US this type of testing may be an actual requirement for some ISP's if they get funding from the government.

https://docs.fcc.gov/public/attachments/DA-18-710A1.pdf

We provide basic CPE routers to our DSL & FTTH customers and are trying to get
a custom firmware from the device manufacturer (Comtrend) to do these measurements.
 We're not there yet (the manufacturer has been working with us on it but it's not
very accurate yet) but the goal is to have a TR-143 client on the routers
themselves that then talks to our test server (although per the FCC rule, we'll
eventually have to place the test server at an FCC approved IX).

Alternatively, at a trade show I saw a product called a BETTI Box by VantagePoint
that is a very small whitebox (maybe a 1" cube w/ eth port) to do this.  I only
saw the device on a table so have no idea how effective or how much the device is.