On Thu, 11 Apr 2019, Tore Anderson wrote:

We've been wanting to replace our all of our ad-hoc OOB links with a
standardised setup based on LTE connectivity to an embedded
login/console server at each PoP. IPv6 would be perfect due to no
CGNAT and infinitesimal levels of background scanning.

Unfortunately Telenor has decided to deploy a central firewall that
drops all inbound connections, making their service totally unusable
for our use case. I guess they don't want our money.

Sounds like the console server will need to "phone home". That a workaround might be possible doesn't make a firewall which the user cannot control to some degree less annoying. Though it might be that Telenor just needs to be notified/reminded that power users and business customers exist.

/mark