Scott Hernandez wrote:

>I was thinking that the config file would spell out the explicit (but
>not absolute) paths for loading task Assemblies. And there you would add
>more entries if you wished. The default behavior would disappear and the
>new "default" would be to use the config file. I also thought that we
>would ship a config file that had what we deemed the default behavior.
>ie Load assemblies from ".", ".\tasks".

I think that we should leave ".", ".\tasks".as defaults - so that you
will always get the built in tasks and use the config file for
everything else. That way base nant will still work even if the config
file gets trashed. Hmm now that I think about it - the executing
assembly will always get scanned won't it - that means that you'll
always have the tasks from nant.core.dll. How about leaving the defaults
but having an "Ignore Default Directories" option in the config file.
Seems a bit backward I know but its seems like better practice to steer
the user towards using the defaults unless they really need to change
them.

>Maybe we should discuss exactly how we want the config file to work
>before we too much farther with our own assumptions. It seems like we
>differ in our experiences and expectations for the configuration
>information.

Sounds like a good idea.

Ian