From: Scott Hernandez [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, May 31, 2002 4:14 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [nant-dev] SCP Task

I’ve written a simple SCPTask, that wraps scp.exe. For it to work, you need to have a setup that doesn’t require any password/pass-phrase to be typed. I’m thinking about adding this task to the newly (soon to be) formed NAntContrib project.

I’m thinking about ways of encrypting your password to a file so we can use that when prompted, but right it doesn’t work yet. This will hide your password outside the buildfile, but doesn’t really protect the contents much. I would assume this file would not be something that is actually checked into source control.

I’m assuming that build files should be completely independent of user input. At no time should a task require the user to type anything, right?

Later,

Scott