My concern about the lines numbers was less about their need (or
accuracy), and more about the fact that the LocationMap generated errors
when the document is not file-backed. If we go with the DOM Extensions
then we can check for the IXmlLineInfo interface before we output the
info.

For now, I'll commit my changes with the altered LocationMap that check
for this case.

[snip]

> well this will never work properly as far as I can see. If you're
> fact they are of little use if there is no file to map them to. that
> said we shouldn't generate errors in this case - just produce no line
> information.

Nope, I was thinking that we might want to output some of the
surrounding xml for context tho.

[snip]