[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

I liked the feature that Gert suggested, but I see Gerry's point. What
about this:

Add an attribute, say "ignore_failures" (name open to suggestions!) that
toggles the behavior described:

<delete ignore_failures="false" dir="f00" />

Gert's scenario could be accomplished thusly:
<delete ignore_failures="true" dir="foo" />  <!-- if foo doesn't exist, we
will consider that a success -->

IMO giving people the power to do what they want (with options that they
can ignore if they aren't ready for them) is a more useful approach than
simply having or not having a feature.
I have to disagree on this point. Not necessarily in this case but in general. Adding more options is not better than working out what the right way to do it is. Or a substitute for agreeing on a course of action. "hmm we can't agree which way is better - lets add an option" See Havoc Penningtons rantings on "Too many Preferences" http://www106.pair.com/rhp/free-software-ui.html.

how would ignore-failures be different to failonerror anyway ?

Ian