>I have to disagree on this point. Not necessarily in this case but in
>general. Adding more options is not better than working out what the
>right way to do it is.

A good article, thanks for the link. IMO, It depends on the type of
application -- and the type of user. It also depends on how those items are
included. I certainly agree that one shouldn't just option everything
because someone *might* want it.

Rereading my post, I made a hasty generalization. I would limit the context
for my comment to framework-type applications where the point of the tool
or library is to help me accomplish a certain programming task by making my
life easier. Its in those cases that I often find myself wishing the tool's
creator had added a few options or provided a facade (and access to the
underlying library) instead of forcing me toward what they felt was "the
right way" -- thus forcing me to modify the code, seek a workaround, or
abandon the tool in order to accomplish my task.

I would even limit the context further by saying that adding such options
also requires feedback from users asking for a behavior change, or
lamenting an arduous workaround.

BTW, if it wasn't obvious, I wasn't faulting NAnt on this score. I think
NAnt generally strikes a great balance on this topic.

Ugh, email is such a difficult medium of expression for nuances :-(

Best,
Bill