Title: Message
welcome in the new year!

Yes, the echo would show: "Prop: 2".

Our primary use is to report unit tests that fail at the end of a lengthy build process. We have nearly 100 C# projects, plus several non-managed C++. Our build system compiles the code for a particular project and then compiles and runs its unit tests. Rather than have the build stop if a test fails, we check the modified property, and create a report about the failure. All such failures are then reported at the end of the build.

Hmm. I sometimes feel very simmilar. NAnt is missing some mechanism how to control output states from tasks. on-failure is good but sufficient only in basic scenarios. Maybe every task should create some output something (xml dom would be great) with detailed report what has been done and what failed (in case of failonerror="false").

For example it could be useul to iterate failed build projects from solution task and do something with it. Send mail to author maybe. Or so...

<solution output-report-xml-id="solrep" .../>
<xmlforeach ref="solrep" ...>
  <mail .../>
</xmlforeach>

Propagating such types from inner nant task is another chalenge :)

Regards,
Martin