From: Jaroslaw Kowalski [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 10:24 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [nant-dev] New to the list

I'd like to propose a new function set that would help solve the issue of
generating a classpath from a list of files. The functions deal with named
filesets like this:

<project>
    <fileset id="zzz">
        <includes name="*.cs" />
    </fileset>
    <fileset id="rrr">
        <includes name="*.csu7987987" />
    </fileset>
    <echo message="flatten: ${fileset::flatten('zzz',';')}" />
    <echo message="exists: ${fileset::exists('zzz')}" />
    <echo message="exists: ${fileset::exists('zzz2')}" />
    <echo message="is-empty: ${fileset::is-empty('zzz')}" />
    <echo message="is-empty: ${fileset::is-empty('rrr')}" />
    <echo message="file-count: ${fileset::get-file-count('zzz')}" />
    <echo message="file-name[0]: ${fileset::get-file-name('zzz',0)}" />
</project>

Proposed implementation is attached (no help yet, but if we decide this
should go in, I'll write some help text).

With this you'd be able to do:

<fileset id="jarfiles">
    <includes name="${ant.home}/lib/*.jar" />
</fileset>

<exec commandline "...-classpath ${fileset::flatten('jarfiles',';')}...  "
/>

I believe that this technique would be useful in many more places. Should I
commit?

Jarek