Gert Driesen wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ian MacLean" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> To: "Gert Driesen" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Cc: "Nant-Developers (E-Mail)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Friday, August 20, 2004 11:44 AM Subject: Re: [nant-dev] Re: install targets

The current layout is already confusing. How many "I downloaded version x of nant but the test failed when building" emails do we get - to which we reply "you don't need to build - its already there". If there is no makefile or NAnt.build in the binary distribution then this won't happen.

But we do include a shell script for installing NAnt (and creating a wrapper script on linux) in the binary distribution ?

yes I think so. I mean we could get away with using a small install.build file. Yeah I know I know - I just said in a previous mail that build/makefiles aren't necessarily the best choice for installers but it would be easy to write and it would be X-platform.

PS. Have you have looked into creating an RPM for NAnt ?

No - If I get a chance I'd like to - or if someone out there with rpm building skills would like to volunteer - that would be great too.

Ian