> Hmm - well I'd like the keep the number in there - for
> errors/warnings
> at least. It will make finding the use of a given error
> message easier
> later on.

Okay, but tell me which one of the following formats:

  <data name="NA1001">
    <value>Could not find a '{0}' file in '{1}'</value>
    <comment>Some descriptive comment</comment>
  </data>

or

  <!-- Error messages -->
  <data name="E1001">
  </data>

  <!-- Warning messages -->
  <data name="W1001">
  </data>

  <!-- Informational messages -->
  <data name="I1001">
  </data>

  <!-- General strings -->
  <data name="S1001">
  </data>

Take your time to think about the best solution; if we later decide to
change that, it will be quite expensive...

j3d.

---------------------------------- DISCLAIMER ----------------------------------
privileged. If you have received it by mistake please notify the sender
by return e-mail and delete this message from your system.Any unauthorised
use or dissemination of this message in whole or in part is strictly
prohibited. Please note that e-mails are susceptible to change.
Banca del Gottardo (including its group companies) shall not be liable for
the improper or incomplete transmission of the information contained in this
communication nor for any delay in its receipt or damage to your system.
Under no circumstances this message can be considered as a written acceptance
or confirmation of an instruction/order given to Banca del Gottardo.
Instructions and orders cannot be accepted or confirmed via e-mail.
Banca del Gottardo (or its group companies) does not guarantee that the
integrity
of this communication has been maintained nor that this communication is free of
viruses, interceptions or interference.