Bob,

I don't know if this is the answer you are looking forward.  I tried may
time to get the <svn> Nant command to work reliably, but had never
ending problems with errors similar to yours, and mostly, conflicts
between the various Uri and path parameters.  Ultimately I gave up and
have recast all of my Subversion commands using the <exec> directive.  I
know that other users of Nant have had similar frustrations and done the
same with better success.

An example <exec> command for Subversion:

<echo file="messagefile.txt">Incremented version.xml to:
${newVersion}</echo>

<exec program="svn.exe" verbose="true" if="${svnDryRun == 'false'}" >
      <arg line="commit --file messagefile.txt --username ${svnUsername}
--password ${svnPassword} version.xml" />
</exec>

<delete file="messagefile.txt" />

Might be worth trying in your case.

Ken Parrish