And now:Ish <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

Date: Fri, 06 Aug 1999 16:36:14 -0400
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: Lynne Moss-Sharman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: New Credit Reserve: designs in wheatfield a gift

MYSTERIOUS FIELD DRAWING BRINGS CROWDS TO RESERVE

        By ALLISON LAWLOR, Brantford Expositor Staff  Aug 6, 1999

NEW CREDIT--A mysterious symbol will be erased from the wheat field behind Ken King's
house today, but he vows its message will live on. King believes the patterns in the
field, located on a farm at the New Credit Reserve north of Hagersville, was used to
communicate something to him from the Creator. "The bottom line is," he said, "it's a
message."

The design, located in a 100-metre section of the field, includes a combination of
circles, a peace sign, a star, various rectangles, lines and a shape that resembles a
human stick figure. The patterns, surrounded by harvested wheat less than a metre
high, are formed in sections of flattened stalks close to the soil. While King might
see the detailed crop circle as a sign that we need to open our eyes to the spiritual
world, others see it differently. "I've had every explanation from A to Z now," said
King. Since June 22, when the design was noticed by King's brother Clynt, the circle's
existence has been explained by numerous people. Some say it was caused by electicity,
others credit it to wind patterns and some believe the circle was created by kids
playing a prank. Despite all the theories, no one can say with certainty what really
caused it. "People asked me how long it took me to do it," King said. But then
explanations don't seem that important when phenomenons such as !
!
this
 one occur. Almost everyone who passed through King's property just wanted a look.
Over the past two weeks more than 1,500 people have seen the pattern. King has a guest
book to prove it. He got the book last week and asked visitors to sign their names.

Everyone from native elders, psychics, Buddhists and tourists from as far away as New
Zealand have visited King's field -- each with his own theory about the mystery spot.
The director of the Circles Phenomenon Research Canada also visited the property. Soil
and radiation tests were done to determine whether scientific findings might help shed
light on the phenomenon. So far it hasn't. Today is the last day to witness the large
crop circle. At 1 p.m., King plans to bundle the wheat stalks and give it out as
tokens. A mechanic by trade, King rents out 50 acres of land to a local farmer. The
formation went unnoticed until King's brother Clynt discovered the pattern while
testing his new all-terrain vehicle on the property. The farmer who works the area had
seen the patterns earlier while harvesting but didn't say anything to King. He
dismissed the designs as kids play.

On Thursday, King, along with some friends, held their last of four sweat lodges down
field from the formation. The lodges are meant to give thanks to the Creator and
thanks to whoever or whatever sent them the message. "I never asked for this," said
King.

               "Let Us Consider The Human Brain As
                A Very Complex Photographic Plate"
                     1957 G.H. Estabrooks