From: "William E. Day" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Sky sent About New Book in Eruope full of lies.

Please Post this.

Garbage out of Europe. A new book has surfaced and is full of lies about the people.

Exposition in Brussels called Indian Summer that will run continuously until
next March. You might want to spread the word around the following material.

In Brussels, Belgium there is a Native American Exposition running from now
until next March. I am a little tongue in cheek about it but the real
problem is a book by the same title as the Expo., " Indian Summer," it
infers that the American and Canadian Indians are liars about their own
history, etc. The book is available only in French or Flemish and only at
the Exposition. No English translation is available.

I believe that our People should have the right to know what is in this book
and also have the right for rebuttal. To give you an example of some of the
translations offered by a close friend over here... here are some extracts
from that book.

" The Indians themselves, being so cunning and full of charisma they take
advantage of their abilities in order to falsify sometimes even their own
history" ( Jacquin, 1996 ) .

"The Indians want to look quite pure and clean in past history. Even in the
re-writing of it and making arrangements for publishing with their invaders.
The utilization of this history follows the denial to enduring generations ,
to admit or consider the resistance and their role during the conquest."

On page 255, fig. 3 is a photo.. Wounded Knee

Text: The bodies of the Sioux are lying in the snow at Wounded Knee, after
the slaughter in 1890.

It is titled: " The last burst of the ARMED RESISTANCE of the Plaines
Indians.

Next:

The book also issues this little piece of information stating, on page 45,
concerning the spread of Smallpox, " That no documentation to date proves
such a program of mass extermination existed by the use of infectious
bacteria or virus, such as smallpox, which was unknown in pre-Columbian
time. This done in order to avoid the accusations that would implicate the
Colonial States or the United States."

Even without translation the book contains very many errors and is being
sold at a nice profit. None of this money be of benefit to the Native
American or Canadian. A new lesson in exploitation of our People by big
money! I am not sure why but the books "smacks" of political motivation for
some reason or other.

In so many words, this book needs to be translated in verbatim to the
English language by independent translators not involved with Govt. or Big
Business and our People offered the opportunity to address the insults that
this book appears to be heaping on us.

The Exposition is sponsored by major Big Business as well as the Government
of Canada.

It is written in the name of the Queen and King of Belgium.

The book is done in high quality photo and printing.. big, big, money!

Sky Walkinstick Manalone

Reprinted under the Fair Use http://www4.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.html doctrine of international copyright law.