Dear Iuri,

One has to use probably foreground mode (-f, see http://openacs.org/forums/message-view?message_id=187728) for daemontools. We have not used daemontools for ages, i would not recommend it.

The install-oacs.sh script [1] installs either a systemd file for naviserver/openacs, or an upstart file (or both) depending on the system it is running on. if for some reason, you do not want to run the script, fill in the variables manually. This way, naviserver/openacs can be started/restarted/... like all other system services.

all the best
-gn

[1] https://github.com/gustafn/install-ns/blob/master/install-oacs.sh#L342